Saturday, March 5, 2011

March 5, 2011: Ice Cream Parlor Mini Note Portfolio

Pin It Now! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this one! And can you believe you can get this much cuteness with NO STAMPING???

I used one of my Ice Cream Parlor shares (I have two left at $11 each if you want one!) to make this adorable 3x3 notecard portfolio gift set. I almost kept this one for myself, but I was a good girl and let it go as the door prize for my scrapbook class. :)

I used a template I found on a blog called Scrappy Habits quite some time ago. I don't know the name of the creator, as I couldn't find it on the blog. Whisper White formed the base, and the front and cards are matted with Old Olive, Pacific Point, Rose Red and Daffodil Delight cardstocks. (Technically - for those of you interested in technical details - Ice Cream Parlor uses Melon Mambo, not Rose Red, but I liked the combo...and I had tons of Rose Red on hand from my scrapbook class!)

Doesn't the pen fit perfectly? This is a 3" black gel pen...I buy them by the dozen at my local office supply. They are perfect for mini card sets!

I was surprised at how quickly this came together, and I still have loads of the share left for birthday cards. I just love the colors - Mom sometimes uses a word you don't see too often anymore; sprightly. I think the Ice Cream Parlor collection is sprightly!






















1 comment:

  1. How adorable! Yes...it would have been difficult for me to give this away! What a wonderful little gift!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...