Sunday, March 6, 2011

March 5, 2011: Praying for You

Pin It Now!
Another tough card...closely akin to the dreaded sympathy card, the praying for you card is always a difficult one. Trying to strike the right note is so important, yet seems elusive. I'm usually on the fence when I finish one, but I think I like this one better than most.

Pals Paper Arts challenge #83 was the colors Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake and Sahara Sand which I thought was perfect for this card. I also used the sketch from Stamping 411 #193 for this card, so I am entering it in both challenges. There were extra elements in the sketch, but I like to keep my sympathy and thinking of you cards very clean so I streamlined the sketch.

I used Stampin' Up!'s Tulip Frame embossing folder to just emboss the corners of this oversized card, along with Baja Breeze seam binding. The center stamp is from Thoughts and Prayers, and I used the tiny single Hydrangea from Because I Care, one of the current Level 1 Hostess sets.

You can't see it in the picture, but I triple matted the central square and put dimensionals between the bottom layer (Sahara Sand) and the middle layer (Baja Breeze). I love the look; it seems more special than just putting the dimensionals on the bottom of all three layers, and makes the ribbon lay better. I debated a Sahara Sand or Baja Breeze card base, but ultimately chose Very Vanilla. I think it lightens up the whole card - what do you think??

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty and soft sympathy card. Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely perfect for a "praying for you" card, Elin! I love how you embossed just the corners...so creative! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts! I'm glad you were able to join us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! i love the embossed corners! that looks amazing. I think you hit just the right note for this one.. it's a symphony.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card!!! The colors go so well together and the embossing is very nice!!

    http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the embossed corners!! This is perfect for a Praying for You, soft colors with an elegant touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I agree...the sympathy and praying for you cards are the hardest to make. Yours is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are the hardest cards to make but you did an awesome job with it!! I love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty and appropriate! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...