Sunday, May 22, 2011

May 22, 2011: Administrative Professionals Day 2011

Pin It Now! My class yesterday was a blast! Thanks to all who attended. I love doing these monthly classes, and I am thrilled that people like to attend. :) I'll post project photos soon.

I'm also taking requests for June's class, if you want to try something let me know!

I made a pile of these adorable bookmarks for the girls at work for Administrative Professionals Day. I don't know who made the original (I think it was a project at Leadership??), but I learned how to make them from one of Dawn Griffith's amazing You-Tube videos.

Spring has been so late this year, I wanted to use cheerful colors! The ribbon is 1 1/4" wide Pink Pirouette grosgrain - a clearance rack score! Seriously, CHECK OUT that price - for 10 yards!!!! I love it. I used the Fun Flowers Bigz Die, which is still available as a carryover item from the Spring Occasions Mini to make my three large flowers. The cardstock colors are Garden Green, Regal Rose and Very Vanilla - another favorite color combo! I think I'm into the romantic pairings. :) I crumpled each layer before sandwiching them together with dimensionals.

I chose to make my flower centers with the Hostess Level One set Punch Potpourri, Regal Rose ink, and my favorite Boho Blossoms punch. The brad at the center is a 3/16" metallic brad.

I had so much fun making these, and everyone loved them. It's so nice to find a little something on your desk, I think. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...