Monday, June 20, 2011

June 20 2011: The Open Sea for Father's Day

Pin It Now!
This was one of my favorite Father's Day cards this year. I CASEd the tag from another SU Demo - as usual, wish I could remember who! If it's yours, PLEASE let me know. :)

I used Very Vanilla cardstock and ran it through the Big Shot with the Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. to bring out the detail I sponged over the embossing with Crumb Cake Classic Ink and a Sponge Dauber. I really like the mottled look that I can achieve this way - for me, Sponges give more uniform coverage.

The Very Vanilla tag is stamped with The Open Sea in Basic Gray, Cherry Cobbler and Not Quite Navy. I chose to highlight the compass by stamping it in Basic Gray and punching it out with the Postage Stamp Punch. A doubled scrap of Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine from the Summer Mini Catalog finishes off this simple card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...