Tuesday, June 21, 2011

June 21, 2011: Motorcycle for Dad

Pin It Now!
Motorcycles are always a popular theme for Father's Day, and this year I made three. The stamp Motorcycle is retired from last year's summer mini, but the guys love it so I kept it around. I like how effortless it is, and it can even be colored pink. :)

For this card, I chose a Very Vanilla base and stamped it all over with the clock gears from Sense of Time in Chocolate Chip Classic Ink. It really does look like some sort of mechanical motorcycle part! I'll be sad to see Sense of Time go at the end of this month. It's the only set on the retirement list that I was really sad to see. :(

I matted my focal image in both Marina Mist and Bashful Blue cardstock, and added a 2 3/8" Scallop Circle punchie, punched twice to make an interesting edge. The Thinking of You comes from the Hostess level 1 set Silhouette Sentiments. Dimensionals add an extra touch of importance to the central image.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...