Sunday, August 7, 2011

August 7, 2011: Scallop Envelope Die Door Prize Basket

Pin It Now! I was really excited when I saw how easily this box came together, and how cute it was. :) I'm so glad this is what I chose as a door prize to showcase the Scallop Envelope Die and the Big Shot!

For my box, I took four Scallop Envelope Die cuts made from Marina Mist Cardstock and glued all their flaps together to make a box. Then I cut into small strips of Paisley Petals Designer Series Paper with the same die to decorate the flaps, which I glued down with Stampin' Dimensionals. I also added strips of the same Paisley Petals DSP to the outside of the box, to cover my seams.

The handle is made from the Lace Ribbon Border Punch (SU's very first large, full strip border punch!) and I matted it on a strip of River Rock Cardstock, both for looks and durability. I also added an extra square of cardboard to the bottom to make it sturdy.

Finally, to decorate my basket I added a daisy cut from the Daisies #2 Die using Whisper White Cardstock and the Big Shot, and added a tiny embossed butterfly using Marina Mist Cardstock and the Beautiful Wings Textured Impressions Embosslit Die. TIP! Whenever I emboss these butterflies, even if I only need one, I emboss them all and keep them in a little container near my workspace. That way I always have a selection on hand! Before gluing the flower together with Tombow Adhesive, I curled each petal with my Paper Piercing Tool.

Filled with chocolates, this is an ADORABLE gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...