Thursday, September 15, 2011

September 15, 2011: Swap Card by Karen

Pin It Now!
Karen is one of my fellow downlines, and I just love her cards so I was thrilled to take this one home with me in a swap. (I also have a shoebox card of hers to share with you later.)

The stamp set is Language of Friendship, one of the first stamp sets I bought from the new catalog when it went live July 1st. I've been really pleased with how versatile it is. :)

Karen took the new In-Color Island Indigo cardstock for her base, and layered on the In-Color Pool Party - two colors that look amazing together! She stamped all over the Pool Party with the flowers from Language of Friendship in Pool Party Classic Ink and added a scrap of Island Indigo In-Color Ruffled Ribbon.

For her focal image, she stamper the bird from Language of Friendship and punched it out with the Two Step Bird Punch, and layered it on top of a Whisper White Oval Die Cut, which is textured with the Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder and the Big Shot. She also took a few extra flowers stamped in Island Indigo on Pool Party Cardstock and punched them out with the Boho Blossoms Punch. Each flower was topped with a Basic Pearl and mounted on a Stampin' Dimensional for lots of texture and interest. The branch, which is Old Olive Classic Ink on Old Olive Cardstock is also stamped with the Language of Friendship and punched out with the Two Step Bird Punch.

Oh - I almost forgot the clever little detail Karen used! She took a Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punchie in Old Olive and clipped it down to make a green mat for one of her Boho Blossoms flowers. How clever is that?!?! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...