Friday, May 4, 2012

May 4, 2012: Medallion Sympathy Card #1

Pin It Now!
One of my less than favorite tasks as a cardmaker is sympathy cards.  To try to make someone something tasteful - even when you don't know that person or their pain - is always hard.  I also find that commercial cards don't always convey the sentiment desired, so I feel blessed that people can turn to me to get something elegant and appropriate.  Still, I struggle.  :)

In this case, a young man sadly died very young and in a small town, it seems like my coworkers and I knew more than one person devastated by the tragedy.  I didn't personally know anyone involved, but I knew I needed to make not one but two sympathy cards.

Medallion is on the retirement list, so I wanted to use it another couple times before it disappeared.  Ordinarily, I would have kept it for my personal crafting, but I have found that Hello Doily is an effective substitute, so I probably won't be keeping this one.

I made this card very simply (for sympathy cards, I think simple is best) by stamping the Medallion in Rich Razzleberry Classic Ink on Naturals White Cardstock.  I like stamping on both the Naturals White and Naturals Ivory - the paper has a slight texture, so your image comes out slightly weathered looking.  I added the sentiment from Curly Cute in Basic Gray and an Antique Brad.  A few simple layers completed the card. 

I'll share the second sympathy card tomorrow. 


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...