Monday, October 22, 2012

October 22, 2012: Purple Wedding Album

Pin It Now!

 A couple months ago I got another wedding album on commission.  I love doing wedding albums!  The catch?  They wanted purple...and they were not a fan of any of the Designer Series Papers in Stampin' Up!'s current offerings.  My wedding albums are very DSP driven, and I didn't feel I had the time to recreate the wheel.  AND...the album itself was already chosen and needed to be matched.  So, I looked to one of my favorite retired paper packs - Shades of Spring from a Spring Occasions Mini a few years ago.  The purple color in the paper - Orchid Opulence - was retired, too, but thanks to be very supportive Late Night Stampers Group I was able to quickly amass enough DSP, Cardstock and ribbon to complete what turned out to be a very gorgeous album. I even found a screenshot of the original DSP catalog page!

 

Today I'm sharing just the cover.  I always jazz up my albums, so for this one I turned to a stylized daffodil.  Pulling colors from the DSP left what was (for me!) and unusual palette, so I really wanted to use the So Saffron for the centers of the flowers so the colors didn't seem so shocking.  :)  I saw these daffodils on one of my favorite blogs by Lyssa Griffin Zwolanek, Song of My Heart Stampers

This purple album (it's an 8x8, by the way) from a local craft store wasn't the same color as Stampin' Up!'s retired Orchid Opulence, but it was pretty close!

Oh...and that Filigree Brad?  Retired, but available on the Clearance Rack right now for a smoking good deal!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...