Saturday, June 25, 2011

June 25, 2011: Class Day!

Pin It Now!
I'm so excited about my class this afternoon! It will be a small class, which is always kind of nice in a way. As soon as I knew it would be a small group of more experienced stampers I packed a couple more techniques into my cards, and planned for them to do their own die cut work. :)

Here is another Father's Day card for you. The stamp set is long retired called Born to Ride. Motorcycles are perennially popular, and this was a commission for a man who owns a soft tail Ironhorse. I'm not a motorcycle expert by any means, but I think this stamp looks similar to his bike!

I chose Whisper White for my card base, and used Marina Mist for the scallop circle. To make that fun edge I die cut the circle with the Big Shot using the Scallop Circle Die. Then I turned the cut circle half a scallop over on the die and ran it through again. This works great with either the 2 3/8 Scallop Circle Punch or the 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch - just use a scrap of Post-It note as a handle for the second punch. Or, you could do a double with the Scallop Circle #2 Die! You can also use the punch twice technique with the Scallop Edge Punch. I like how it gives a more masculine flavor.

My images are stamped in Night of Navy ink - it's a super simple card (even for me!) but I think it has a lot of impact. And my customer was ecstatic. :)

I'm off to finish packing for class. I'm always worried about forgetting something that it takes forever to pack...and repack...and double check...and pack again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...