Saturday, July 9, 2011

July 9, 2011: Stepped Panel Card - FOR SALE!!

Pin It Now!
This was another favorite from my Fun Folds Class last month. I've seen this card under several different names, but I think it is commonly called a stepped panel card.

For this one I used a base of Crumb Cake, again cut with a sliding Paper Cutter. Using a Bone Folder is super important to get crisp score and fold lines!

For my Very Vanilla panel, I stamped the bottom in Pink Pirouette with the scrolly stamp from Strength & Hope from the Summer Mini Catalog, then pieced the frilly little tutu on top. The tutu top is Pink Pirouette punched with the Round Tab Punch - SOOOO versatile!! - with a little bit of the end notched out with the 1" Circle Punch to make a neckline. The top is then stamped with Always Elegant in Crumb Cake and embellished with a tiny bow of Pretty in Pink 1/8" Taffeta (now retired). The bow sticks on easily with a Mini Glue Dot.

The skirt is punched with the Blossoms Petal Punch from Vellum, some of which I sponged with Perfect Plum Classic Ink. It's hard to see in the picture, but sponging vellum gives it a beautiful, mottled look; just make sure you give it plenty of time to dry before punching!

The card is finished off with a strip of Victorian Lace. One of my all time favorite color combos!

This card is for sale in my Etsy Shop HERE. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...